Thursday, November 5 2020, 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM
NYC Chapter Event
RELA NEW YORK MENTORSHIP PROGRAM 2020-2021
RELA NYC is announcing the return of its Mentorship Program for the 2020-2021 membership year. The program provides the opportunity for Young Members and senior leaders to connect, cultivate, and develop lasting relationships by sharing knowledge, experience, and professional guidance in an informal atmosphere.
· Both mentor and mentee are required to be registered RELA members.
· Mentors and mentees are expected to commit to the duration of the program, and it is recommended that they meet roughly once every six weeks. At this point, the expectation is that video or telephone calls will be used for the duration of the program.
· Confidentiality is required for mentors and mentees, which will provide an open forum and maximize the benefits for participants.
THE ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
RELA will provide general guidelines and discussion points; however, each mentor-mentee pair will be able to establish their own strategy and plan.
· MENTORS: You will have the opportunity to help guide a Young Member and connect with the next cohort of leaders in the industry.
· MENTEES: You will benefit from the opportunity to receive one-one-one mentorship and create lasting relationships with current industry leaders.
November 2020- June 2021
Monday, November 2, 2020
THE PROCESS & COMMITMENT
Both mentors and mentees will submit a brief application to join the Mentorship Program. RELA welcomes past participants to re-apply. If an applicant is selected to join the program, RELA will kick off the process with a virtual speed networking session in October. From there, each mentee will be paired with one mentor, taking into account the preferences in the application. In addition to attending regular RELA programming, mentors and mentees will meet throughout the membership year.
KICK-OFF SPEED NETWORKING MEETING
Thursday, November 5, 2020
8:00 AM- 9:30 AM – Opening Remarks & Speed Networking
Zoom – Link to be provided to those who register